Generally, a building permit is required for new construction, temporary buildings and alterations to existing construction (interior and exterior). A home or business is an investment. If a constructionproject does not comply with the city’s codes, the value of that investment could be reduced. Property insurers may not cover work done without permits and inspections. It also could result in having to demolish additions that are completed with proper permits. A property owner who can show that code requirements were strictly and consistently met may rely on a city records for lawsuits or insurance claims. The code is a set of rules that meet minimum standards for safety, health and structural integrity. Permits also al
lows the code official to ensure the public health, safety and welfare by reducing potential hazards of unsafe construction.
Here are some typical projects that require a building permit:
- New building constructions
- Home additions
- Residential work (installing or replacing decks, garages, fireplaces, pools, etc.)
- Commercial renovation (moving walls, changing doors or exits)
- Installing or altering a Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system
- Changing occupancy of use of a business
- Transforming a garage or basement into living space
- Restoring roofing materials
- Kitchen expansions
- Rewiring or replacing electrical systems
- Replacing water heaters, drains or lines etc.
At Home Renovation Company Atlanta GA, our specialists will process a wide variety of permits for most construction and renovation projects.